The Alberta Party is guided by a Mission, Vision and Principles which draws members who share these. With these in mind members have voted on policies which guide the formation of the party's platform and framework by which position statements on specific topics are developed.:
We will form a government committed to diversity, integrity, transparency and collaboration. As leaders of positive change, we value inclusiveness, ideas over ideologies, and champion economic, environmental and social responsibility.
- Model responsible and ethical government.
- Generate and implement practical, constructive solutions through listening, citizen engagement, evidence-based policy and building common ground.
- Tackle tough issues facing Albertans by examining root causes and maintaining a long-term view of prosperity and sustainability.
- Act as guardians of the public interest.
- Conduct ourselves in an open, transparent and accountable manner.
- Steadfastly refuse to engage in short-sighted, politically motivated, partisan politics.
- Provide economic, environmental and social leadership in order to benefit Alberta, Canada and the world.
The party's guiding principles are posted here.
The policies were updated at the policy convention in October 2018 and are posted here. Note that CAs are currently drafting policies to be submitted to the upcoming policy convention that will be early in 2022.
The Alberta Party will provide open and transparent government, encourage public debate and inclusive policy making, and collaborate with other levels of government. The Alberta Party has a priority and history of supporting MLAs to represent the interests of their constituents above set party positions.
Indigenous Rights position statement.
Join us as we build an Alberta ready for the next century, together. Getting a membership will allow you to vote in the upcoming leadership election in October.